Monday, September 01, 2003

I found a secret playgound today. Secret and forgotten. I felt better this morning so I decided to go for a hike. My normal route through the woods to the lake and beyond was boraing me (and it was raining a bit) so I went down to the other lake in the opposite direction (the lake with the swimming hole beach) and decided to cut thought those woods home (which I had never been in before). I crested a hill and found at the top a clearing with a large slide, a huge swing set, a full sized basketball court and a longforgotten horse shoe pit. It was weird as the playground had spectacular views of the lake. I decided to try the swing set and found it to be quite pleasent to swing in the utter silence of an early holiday morning while looking out over the geese swimming in the lake.

I know people probably still use the playground, but it was so overgrown and lonely. It looked as if it was built and cared for when more people cared to be outside and playig with their kids. There is even an overgrown and paved parking lot near it which I had seen from the road, but it just looked like a medow since you can hardley see the old paving through the grass.

These kinds of places seem so lonely to me. They seem to yearn for love and touch. At least at the point they are now. Later (prhaps in 5 years) if they continue to decline, they become bitter and warry and reject love and touch rather then embrace it.

I've decided to vist this place as often as I can, so it will get used to me and remember me so that even when it becomes bitter perhaps it will still hold a gental place for me

No comments: